Oct 30, 2012

Carbon Monoxide Kills One in Greenville

GREENVILLE - At 21:25 hours (9:25 p.m.), Monday, October 29, 2012, Greenville Police and Fire Departments along with Greenville Township Rescue were dispatched to a Carbon Monoxide Emergency reported at 1241 Oaktree Drive, Greenville. Upon arrival personnel found three victims inside the residential structure. Officers from the Greenville Police Department removed three victims from the structure. CPR was initiated on one of the victims by fire department personnel. Further medical treatment for the victims was transferred to personnel of Greenville Township Rescue personnel that responded to the scene. Upon investigation, carbon monoxide levels as high as 270 parts per million were found in the structure. It is suspected that a malfunctioning or defective gas furnace was the source of the carbon monoxide. 


Two of the victims were transported to Wayne Hospital by Greenville Township Rescue personnel for evaluation, and the third victim was declared deceased on the scene. The Darke County Coroners office will be handling the death investigation. Darke County Coroner’s Office has identified the deceased as Dawn M. Cox, age 46 of 1241 Oaktree Drive, Greenville.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Buy Printable Coupons